Playstudios Asia - Orion
We compete in the dynamic mobile / social games market in the Asia Pacific with a suite of casino and gambling style games that follow the ‘social’ or ‘freemium’ model. Our games model is ‘play for fun’ only, and legal in all of the market jurisdictions that we operate in.
The Orion division is a 100% distributed team of Playstudios, there are no physical offices, our team members are scattered across the globe - we work from the comfort of our home! To us, happiness is the result of being able to embrace flexible hours, and working on tasks that are meaningful. We don’t think that a great job should require you to uproot your life and your family, or that a life event should force you out of a great job. We want to work with great people no matter where your life takes you.
- No need to feel stressed over commute.
- Smart people like you don't need to be told what to do. The team culture is focused on getting you A.M.P-ed UP!
- Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose
- We value talents that can form a P.A.C.T with the team.
- Proactive, Assertive, Communicative & Transparent
- Hours are flexible, but we require 2-4 hours of overlap for communication. We operate in GMT+8 Hong Kong.
Playstudios Asia - Orion is looking to hire a 2D Spine Animator with excellent creative ability and knowledge of animation pipelines. You will help animate characters and game assets in various styles and genres for our mobile Slots titles. This is a remote full-time position and you work from the comfort of your home.
- Animate and rig 2D character, creatures, and objects in Spine 2D software (http://esotericsoftware.com)
- Able to quickly block out keyframes in Spine for conceptual preview
- Collaborate with the creative team on refining rough animations
- Be open to constructive feedbacks and able to communicate your creative ideas
- Work closely with engineering team to lead the production and implementation of top quality animations
- Work with VFX artists on creating VFX animations in Spine
- Provide insight and suggestions on how to raise the visual quality of our 2D animations
- Demonstrably excellent sense of timing and weight
- Skilled with Spine 2D Animation Software- 2 years minimum experience
- 2+ years game industry experience
- Portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates breadth of skill, styles, genres
- Excellent personal, written and verbal communication
- Candidates must be fluent in English
- Interested applicants, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the tag [Animation] and (your name)
- The tag is important! Example: [Animation] John Doe
- Please include your portfolio link(s) and a short info about yourself and your experiences. No need for lengthy cover letters.
- During the interview process, there will be a paid art test.
- We highly appreciate your interest in the position, but due to the volume of submissions, we will reach out to those selected for the interview process. Thank you.