Playstudios Asia - Orion
We compete in the dynamic mobile / social games market in the Asia Pacific with a suite of casino and gambling style games that follow the ‘social’ or ‘freemium’ model. Our games model is ‘play for fun’ only, and legal in all of the market jurisdictions that we operate in.
The Orion division is a 100% distributed team of Playstudios, there are no physical offices, our team members are scattered across the globe - we work from the comfort of our home! To us, happiness is the result of being able to embrace flexible hours, and working on tasks that are meaningful. We don’t think that a great job should require you to uproot your life and your family, or that a life event should force you out of a great job. We want to work with great people no matter where your life takes you.
- No need to feel stressed over commute.
- Smart people like you don't need to be told what to do. The team culture is focused on getting you A.M.P-ed UP!
- Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose
- We value talents that can form a P.A.C.T with the team.
- Proactive, Assertive, Communicative & Transparent
- Hours are flexible, but we require 2-4 hours of overlap for communication. We operate in GMT+8 Hong Kong.
Playstudios Asia - Orion is looking for talented Mobile Game Concept Artist/Illustrator to help develop stories, gameplay ideas, characters, backgrounds, and symbol designs for our mobile slots games. This is a Full-Time Remote position, please read the posting carefully for key insights used for a paid art test.
- Able to turn a written description or a black and white wireframes into a series of visual concepts for team discussions
- Able to conceptualize quickly, iterate quickly, and be flexible in multiple art styles
- Design whimsical game symbols, UI assets, backgrounds, and characters
- Polish game assets to high visual standard for production
- Create marketing dialogs/advertisements for promotions & sales
- Mobile slots is a challenging genre, think of Slots like moving comic books, you are telling a story within 1 to 2 screens
- Please do your own research on top grossing mobile slots games and make sure the genre is within your interest
- Please download MyVegas, MyKonami, Pop! Slots, Lucky Life, and Royal Charm Slots and review the art styles associated in those games
- Must demonstrate strong illustration and CG painting techniques
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in various art styles
- Must be vocal and communicative. Be opinionated and speak your mind!
- Fluency in English is a must
- Repeat, please do your own research on top grossing mobile slots games and make sure the slots genre is within your interest
- Download MyVegas, MyKonami, Pop! Slots, Lucky Life, and google "Royal Charm Slots" and review the art styles
- Include in your portfolio link, as well as 1-3 images you think best fits the style from the research above
- Interested applicants, please send your application to email@example.com with the tag [Concept] and (your name)
- The tag is important! Example: [Concept] John Doe
- Please don't forget your portfolio link(s) and a short info about yourself and your experiences. No need for lengthy cover letters.
- During the interview process, there will be a paid art test.
- We highly appreciate your interest in the position, but due to the volume of submissions, we will reach out to those selected for the interview process. Thank you.