As we expand our portfolio of free-to-play apps, we're looking for a motivated and ambitious Data Architecture Engineer to join our rapidly growing studio. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, enhancing, and maintiaing a stable and scalable petabyte-scale database design, data warehousing and data retrieval, with primary focus on the business intelligence data pipeline. You are full of curiosity and have strong technical skills, especially in big data, business intelligence and database designs of different types. In close collaboration with the Business Intelligence team, you will be responsible for providing a clean and scalable data environment from which accurate analysis can be done in a fast and timely manner.
Our ideal candidate is bright, responsible, self-motivated and gets stuff done. We look for problem solvers, who can intuitively anticipate problems; look beyond immediate issues; and take initiative to improve both our software and our development infrastructure. In short, we look for people who take pride in the craft of data engineering and have proven to be great at it.
You love problem solving, visualizing data and cleaning data. You have a direct impact on the performance of our product and player satisfaction; your work product will be quickly visible, tested and validated.
- Design, build and launch new data models and ETL pipelines that will make PLAYSTUDIOS more data driven
- Work with engineering , data science and product management teams to build and manage a wide variety of datasets
- Simplify and democratize access to useable data throughout the company
- Ability to work on multiple areas like Data pipeline ETL, report development with tableau, Data modeling & design, writing complex SQL queries etc.
- Design and publish custom dashboards for Product Teams and stakeholders around the company
- Create ad-hoc queries and reports for Product, User Acquisition, BI & Sr. Management
- Automate and document processes
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Extensive experience in development, design and build out of relational databases for enterprise software solutions using Microsoft SQL Server
- Proven experience in performance tuning
- Ability to effectively diagnose, isolate and resolve complex problems pertaining to data infrastructure
- Experience and knowledge of different data modeling tools, strategies, methodologies and notations
- Experience with meta data management
- Experience with dimensional modeling for data warehouses
- Solid foundation in Microsoft SQL Server, Analysis Services, ETL
- Possesses good communication and organization skills, flexibility and the proven ability to build quality products; strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive experience with one or more of the following tools: ASP.NET, SQL Server, distributed memory object caching, and related server technologies
- Degree in CS/Engineering (or equivalent) preferred.
- Experience with AWS tools & technologies (S3, EMR, Kinesis etc)
- Passionate on various technologies including but not limited to SQL/No SQL/MPP/Graph databases etc.
- Experience with streaming data pipelines using any of Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Spark streaming etc.
- Knowledge of Statistics and/or Machine Learning Familiarity with columnar data stores
Reports to: Head of Product
Travel required: 0% - 10%
Health and Other Benefits
We pay 100% of benefit premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for our employees and 100% of their dependents’ premiums. Health benefits are effective on your date of hire.
In addition to providing core health benefits, we provide the following:
- 100% of the cost for Basic Life and Accident insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability protection