As we expand our portfolio of free-to-play apps, we're looking for a motivated and ambitious Product Manager – Technical Development to join our rapidly growing studio. As the TechnicalAs Development Product Manager, you will responsible for taking ideas and features for our games from conception to realization and refinement. You are humble, love to work with a multidisciplinary/cross-functional team, and are fanatical about great processes, small details and comprehensive documentation. You are full of curiosity and have a blend of technical skill and creative intuition. You love brainstorming with people from various grounds, but you love just as much to distill ideas and execute aggressively. In close collaboration with the product, creative, and engineering teams, you will constantly improve the player experience. You have a direct impact on the performance of our product and player satisfaction; your work product will be quickly visible, tested and validated.
- Manage the development of our game products from concept to go-live to refinement and growth. Overall responsibility and accountability for high-quality and timely delivery of products and features that drive engagement, retention and monetization.
- Coordinate between various disciplines across our company to create cohesive understanding, problem-solve and align resources.
- Create detailed and clear product requirement documents for engineering, game design, production, creative, and QA.
- Take product requirements and work with teams including engineering, art and QA to create tasks, priorities and timelines that are aligned with company milestones.
- Ensure personnel on the project teams have clear and appropriate goals, priorities, tasks, and when necessary, work with them closely to problem solve and review work; adjust priorities and triage as the project evolves; regularly report on project progress.
- Liaise with external resources when necessary and integrate them with our internal team efforts; this could include external or remote engineering, art and QA teams.
- Drive projects forward in a fast-pace, analytical environment where feedback is gathered quickly and used to improve the product; we like to instrument, A/B test and improve.
- Review KPIs and develop product features to enhance performance.
- Continually improve our production practices and efficiency.
- Conduct competitor, market and player analysis; create action plans to keep our product best-in-class.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Gets stuff done quickly and independently. Extremely organized.
- 3+ years product development experience in mobile or web products; having worked with client-server architectures and/or game design experience a plus.
- Technical background, with demonstrated track-record of creating high-quality product requirement documents, wire-frames, flow diagrams and technical specifications.
- Strong track-record of leading a team and executing on multi-disciplinary technical product development. Knows best-practices for the build, QA, release process.
- Intuition for great user experience and interface design is a must.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate clearly with all teams in the company including creative, engineering, QA and marketing/UA; able to make presentations and lead effective and efficient meetings.
- Resourcefulness is key: evaluate and choose the best option for getting things done (e.g. adaptexisting art/code or create new).
- Excellent project management skills; ability to handle multiple projects at the same time andprioritize in a fast-paced environment; familiarity with various project management tools and methods including agile, scrum, Kanban, TDD; fast learner and not dogmatic about any one approach.
- Understand software engineering and creative pipelines; no need to be an experienced programmer (but should be able to write pseudocode) or digital artist (but should know how to use Photoshop).
- Willing to ‘fill-in’ and be hands-on when necessary to get tasks done (e.g. art help, clean up data).
- Energetic, proactive problem solver; do not wait for problems to arise, but looks forward and identifies potential constraints and takes steps to de-risk early on.
- Experience developing localized products.
- Good command of English - written and spoken; bilingual a plus.
- Organized, flexible, hardworking, constant-learner and detail-orientated
Reports to: Head of Product
Travel required: 0% - 10%
Health and Other Benefits
We pay 100% of benefit premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for our employees and 100% of their dependents’ premiums. Health benefits are effective on your date of hire.
In addition to providing core health benefits, we provide the following:
- 100% of the cost for Basic Life and Accident insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability protection