- Be the gatekeeper of releasing high quality products and experiences to the consumer
- Establish and operate a rigorous and efficient QA process that can handle frequent updates and releases
- Create and execute detailed and rigorous test cases and test plans based on product specifications and design intentions
- Identify and document bugs including bugs having to do with: broken functionality, missing functionality, design/art, animation, play experience (economy, pacing), localization, spelling, audio
- Prioritize, scope and escalate bugs appropriately, and establish the best method resolution
- Ensure internal teams have a clear understanding and documentation of bugs, their root cause, risks, steps to reproduce and priority
- Observe, identify and evangelize processes and best-practices which will reduce bug production
- Maintain our bug reporting system, including setup, reporting, cleaning. Manage bug tracking and statistics, including internal testing and reporting as well as monitor and track bugs the end users inform or talk about on social channels. Look at data and identify trends of bug root-causes.
- Coordinate with external QA resources (offsite teams or 3rd party), to execute and report on testing
- Mentor other team members in the QA process.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- 3+ years QA experience in games, mobile or web products
- Well versed and have executed white box, grey box, black box, regression, smoke, integration testing. Having a software development background or skills a major plus
- Must have worked on QA for a software product during initial development, and live operations with on-going development and release cycles.
- Strong logic and analytical skills; background in sciences, engineering, software engineering a plus
- Passionately detail orientated and methodical; ability to prioritize efficiently. Fanatical about quality.
- Gets stuff done quickly and independently; agile and flexible; able to adopt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate clearly with all teams in the company including art, engineering, QA and marketing/UA; able to make clear issue tracking documentation and lead effective and efficient meetings
- Ability to use or create software testing tools to help improve efficiency of QA process a huge plus
- Well-versed and knowledgeable in at least one bug reporting system such as Jira or Bugzilla
- Experience with using and analyzing mobile crash reporting a plus (e.g. experienced with crashlytics)
- Excellent project management skills; ability to handle multiple projects and teams at the same time and prioritize in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with QA of products with multiple versions for localization and language
- Good command of English - written and spoken; knowledge of multiple Asian languages a plus (Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, or other South East Asian languages)
- Understand mobile software engineering and creative pipeline
- Energetic, proactive problem solver; do not wait for problems to come up but identifies potential constraints and takes steps to de-risk early on
Reports to: Head of Product
Travel Required: 0% - 10%
Health and Other Benefits
We pay 100% of benefit premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for our employees and 100% of their dependents’ premiums. Health benefits are effective on your date of hire.
In addition to providing core health benefits, we provide the following:
- 100% of the cost for Basic Life and Accident insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability protection
Full time employees are eligible to purchase additional life and accident insurance for themselves and their dependents.