Playstudios Asia - Orion
We compete in the dynamic mobile / social games market in the Asia Pacific with a suite of casino and gambling style games that follow the ‘social’ or ‘freemium’ model. Our games model is ‘play for fun’ only, and legal in all of the market jurisdictions that we operate in.
The Orion division is a 100% distributed team of Playstudios, there are no physical offices, our team members are scattered across the globe - we work from the comfort of our home! To us, happiness is the result of being able to embrace flexible hours, and working on tasks that are meaningful. We don’t think that a great job should require you to uproot your life and your family, or that a life event should force you out of a great job. We want to work with great people no matter where your life takes you.
- No need to feel stressed over commute.
- Smart people like you don't need to be told what to do. The team culture is focused on getting you A.M.P-ed UP!
- Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose
- We value talents that can form a P.A.C.T with the team.
- Proactive, Assertive, Communicative & Transparent
- Hours are flexible, but we require 2-4 hours of overlap for communication. We operate in GMT+8 Hong Kong
Playstudios Asia - Orion is looking to hire a VFX Artist with an excellent creative eye and passion for mobile gaming VFX. As a VFX Artist at Orion, you will work closely with the creative team to lead the production and implementation of top quality VFX for our existing games and future projects. As a vital member of the art team you will provide insight and suggestions on how to raise the visual bar of our games, as well as using your understanding of the Unity engine to create efficient and optimised VFX for mobile platforms.
- Work with the art director and development team to create visually impressive VFX using Unity particle systems, shaders, Unity animator and custom code
- Ability to optimise VFX for use on mobile platforms
- Work with the development team to ensure VFX are implemented into the game correctly
- Texture creation for particle systems
- Identify and develop VFX pipeline to improve the teams process
- 2+ years in mobile game development as a VFX artist
- Strong knowledge of Unity based particle systems for mobile platforms
- Excellent artistic skill set, understanding of colour theory, animation and composition.
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Proactive, with the ability to lead a creative vision
- Work well under deadline pressure
- Work remotely during Pacific Time Zone business hours.
- Fluent English is a MUST.
- A portfolio showcasing high-quality mobile effects reel
- 2D VFX spritesheet creation
- Experience in slots development
- Interested applicants, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the tag[VFX] and (your name)
- The tag is important! Example: [VFX] John Doe
- Please include your portfolio link(s) and a short info about yourself and your experiences. No need for lengthy cover letters.
- During the interview process, there will be a paid art test.
- We highly appreciate your interest in the position, but due to the volume of submissions, we will reach out to those selected for the interview process. Thank you.